Instructions for Oral Presenters
Length of oral presentations
Time allocated for oral presentations is 12 minutes (10 minutes presentation itself + 2 minutes for questions and answers). Your presentation time will be strictly limited to the allocated time of 10 minutes including start-up time. 2 minutes has been allowed for the question and answer period on the specific paper.
All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.
How to prepare a presentation
PowerPoint slide template
- Prepare your presentation in 4:3 format.
- Prepare your presentation using the ICOLD 2017 template.
- All presenters are required to use the ICOLD 2017 template for the first slide, which contains a title of the presentation and the name of the author.
- The second and following slides of the presentations can be prepared using the ICOLD 2017 template or using author’s own template.
- Use the Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or higher (*.ppt) or (*pptx) to guarantee they will work properly on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT or PPTX format instead of PPS.
- If you have pictures in the presentation, please insert them in the presentation file, do not use links
- Please keep on mind that organizer cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations; so check in advance (3 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Note that the presentation system used during the congress also supports the PDF presentations.
Only fonts included in the basic installation of MS-Windows are available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of the presentation. Suggested fonts are: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, and Calibri. If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into the presentation by choosing the right option when saving the presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
- How to save and submit a presentation
How to save presentation
Save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- USB flash drive
- External hard or solid state drive
Save all files associated with the presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location. In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems. Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation. DVD-RAM and Blu-ray Disc will not be available.
How to submit your presentation on-site
Please come to Speakers´ Ready Room (Conference office) at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to Speakers´ Ready Room (Conference office) one day before the day of your presentation.
Opening hours of the Speakers´ Ready Room
Monday 3 July 08:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 4 July 08:00 - 18:00
Wednesday 5 July 08:00 - 18:00
When the session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made. Your own computer for the presentation will be accepted only in urgent cases, if you use McIntosh, please come to Speakers’ Ready Room 3 hours before your presentation.
Standard equipment of the session rooms
See below the list of standard equipment of the rooms.
- Data video projector
- Sound system
- Remote control with laser pointer